Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Old News

For some reason, I am still checking the news at www.wral.com . This is a TV station in Raleigh. I don't live there anymore, but I am still curious to know what's going on. I remember moving to Chapel Hill for college in 1995 and seeing WRAL for the first time. It's a little strange when you leave your home and the news station you've known all your life for a new town and a new station. Now I can see the international editions of CNN and Fox "News" on the TV here as well as the BBC and SkyNews (both British channels). The local news is all in Hebrew of course. I can follow along and understand what they're talking about, but the specifics are lost on me. The video and pictures help a lot!

I am still looking at the Durham newspaper www.heraldsun.com as if I lived there. It's still interesting for me to read about what's happening. Here I read Haaretz English edition and the Jerusalem Post online.

Now I am off to practice my Hebrew. I had forgotten how much memorizing there was in learning a language! I am having trouble with the numbers. There are masculine and feminine numbers in Hebrew based on the gender of the noun they modify. I don't know the gender of the nouns yet, so it's tricky! I am off to find index cards to make flash cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home