Monday, November 01, 2004

Ahava Means Love

Today was my first day of ulpan. Ulpan is Hebrew school--I am learning to speak, read, and write in Hebrew. It's an intensive 5 month course. The ulpan that I go to is Ulpan Beit Ha'am. It's a progressive ulpan which means that there are all kinds of students in the class. Some of the students are Jews that have moved from the US to Israel. Other students are Arabs that are improving their Hebrew before college. It is a very interesting mix of people and I am sure will make for stimulating conversations once we get started talking.

Today we did some basic introductions and vocabulary. We learned how Hebrew vowels work and several consonants. It's fun! I feel like I am learning a secret code or something!

Yaacov helped me review tonight. Yaacov is taking an Arabic class on Monday nights. So, we're both learning new languages.

The word for love in Hebrew is ahava (ah-ha-va). We learned to say, read, and write this word and many others today.

Ahava is also the name brand of fancy pants skin care products from Israel. Their skin cream is great!

1 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Smartie said...

Found a lot of useful info on your site about skin care products - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a skin care products blog myself if you'd like to stop by

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home