Monday, January 17, 2005

I Guess We're Staying

Yaacov and I bought a new car today. Here's a picture of it.


Our New Car! (except we got a RED one)

It's a Peugeot 206. Yeah, I know what you're thinking- a Peugeot?! It's a French-made car. It was the most popular selling car in Europe last year. We looked at various Hondas and Toyotas. There's a Toyota here called a Yaris. It's a neat car. But the Peugeot 206 rides closer to the ground and seems to be more fun to drive.

Don't be fooled by the picture. It's small, very small. That's OK here in Israel. Most cars are very small. There aren't many big trucks on the highway either.

I don't know about all the bells and whistles of our particular car yet. Yaacov did the talking (Yeah, it's scary, I know! Especially considering the POS he was driving in the States!)

I already know the Hebrew words for gas, water, and I think oil... I learned the word for "to change" the other day. So, I am well on my way to helping take care of our new vehicle.

Parking is a BIG challenge here. I have to practice my parallel parking. The situation is even worse in Tel Aviv. There's a joke here that once you find a parking space in Tel Aviv it's time to start looking for an apartment. I miss the wide open expanses of pavement at Wal-Mart and abundance of parking. But maybe with our new, little, zippy car making space won't be such a bother.

1 Comments:

At 1/18/2005 1:56 AM, Blogger meegs said...

shazam! new cars are fun. any chance you will be in NC on 5/28/05? i'm getting married!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home