Sunday, January 02, 2005

It's the Thought That Counts

Yaacov bought me a copy of the January issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine for Christmas (along with some very wonderful other things). I have been flipping through and really get pleasure from looking at al the neat ideas. Each time I read the magazine, I find something that makes me say, "Why didn't I think of that?!" or, "Neat!" It's inspirational.

Inspirational not motivational. Of course putting all of those great ideas to work for you is another big leap. In the US I would get motivated once in a while to actually DO something I saw in the magazine--many of you remember the Chinese inspired bedroom and dark chocolate fondue, I am sure. In Israel, it's another story. I am not sure where to find all of the things I see in the magazine. Where to find wicker baskets?...parsnips, ...gingham ribbon? I am learning though.

I think that "Martha" does a great job of putting thought into the everyday. It's like everything is touched with love. Some people think that she's obsessive and a perfectionist. But what is too good for yourself, your family, or your friends? Now sometimes we don't have money to buy all the fancy things. This is where she shows us how to be economical. (I also enjoy Budget Living magazine!) It's not the amount of money you spend or give. It's the sentiment. I hope that in 2005, I can tell and show you all how much you mean to me.

I recently received gifts from family and friends for Christmas and they all did a wonderful job wrapping and preparing. It was so nice to open the packages and see all the little wrapped items. I could tell that they all worked hard and put thought into what they sent. (Plus they spent a lot of money getting it over here!) It makes you feel good to know that you mean enough to someone for them to give a little bit extra-time, effort-to you.

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2005 5:35 PM, Blogger meegs said...

i hope your new year is off to a great start, john. miss you!

 
At 1/06/2005 1:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You have posted a new post in 2 days. Where are you??? How was your New Year's Celebration?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home