Monday, February 21, 2005

Better!

Today was the first day at the new ulpan. At the old ulpan, we studied for 5 days a week for about 4 hours every day. Each class was FULL of new information...words zooming right over my head and splattering in an indistinguishable mess on the back wall. In the new ulpan we study for 3 hours for 4 days a week. The pace seems much more reasonable.

The best part is the change in peers. In my old ulpan there were a lot of students just right out of high school. Besides one other guy, James, I was the oldest person in the class by about 8 years. It was like high school...lots of noise, smoking in the hallway, acting stupid, cell phones ringing, and being insolent.

The new class has a mix of people that's much more conducive for making friends. Plus a lot of the people in the class are neighbors. I am exciting about studying. I actually did my homework tonight!

I am sleepy and I think that I could go to bed right now. But, I have a meeting at the community center where I volunteer. So, no rest for me. Not yet anyway.

2 Comments:

At 2/25/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I love the word conducive

 
At 2/26/2005 12:10 AM, Blogger ~~whileuwait said...

Stay Safe.........

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home