Monday, February 07, 2005

Taking a Break


Yesterday Yaacov and I drove to IKEA. It's about an hour from here. We drove in our cute, little car. It was our first road trip. The weather for the past few days has been terrible. Cold, windy, and rainy (some sleet!)...yuck! It was good to be inside of dry, warm IKEA surrounded by nice things. I always get some good ideas there!

Today I went to ulpan and now we've been putting our purchases together. For those of you that don't know. IKEA is a place where you can buy stylish things on the cheap but you have to put them together yourself (and bring them home yourself). I'll try to take pictures of our apartment now and post them soon.

It's so gross here. You get soaked just stepping outside. So, I took a break from our IKEA work and looked at pictures of warm, tropical beaches. The sound of the waves in my mind is overtaken by the sound of rain outside. It's good that it's raining. Israel has just two seasons really- wet and dry. It won't rain here from March until November. So, there's not much to complain about.

I finished The Secret History and now I am starting The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. So far so good.

OK, back to work.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home