Saturday, February 12, 2005

Valentine's Day Party

For the past couple of years we have thrown a Valentine's Day party and I wanted to continue the tradition here. They don't celebrate Valentine's Day here. Instead, they have a "love" holiday in the summer.

We had a Valentine's Day Tea party. I bought some wonderful loose "fruity" tea from my favorite spice shop. When brewed, the tea is a lovely red/pink color. I have a fancy pants glass tea pot (Ingra, you would love it!) and it just glowed beautifully on the table above the warmer. We also had champagne served in (plastic - yikes) flutes with bright pink bases. I made lots of cupcakes and pink and white icing. Guests could decorate their own cupcake with an array of sprinkles and their choice of icing colors.

We had lots of other junk food like chips, pretzels, and bright red Twizzlers pull and peel candy.

The piece de resistance was an incredibly cute and beautiful valentine angel cake made by our friend Ilana. It was spectacular and very tasty! I took pictures of it, but they didn't turn out too well. So, I am hoping that Ilana has some better ones that I can post. It was amazing!

For crafts we made the wax paper valentine hearts. Yaacov's creativity carried him away and we have some very unique color combinations! I made a flower arrangement that you can see in the pictures. It's a pink plastic watering can with a collection or pink and purple flowers. It turned out well, I think.

The whole party was washed with the cool sounds of quirky music that I mixed especially for the event.

It was a great success, but I miss all my valentines in the U.S.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home