Thursday, February 03, 2005

Where Have You Been?

There is a blog site that I used to read every once in a while. But the guy hasn't updated it since Jan 4. So, I have stopped checking it. I hope that you haven't stopped checking out my blog this week while I've not been posting as usual. I have been spending a lot of free time reading a good book called The Secret History by Donna Tartt.

‘Donna Tartt has discovered not the usual collegiate mix of sex, drugs and rock and roll, but a heart of darkness as stony and chilling as any Greek tragedian ever plumbed….she keeps the pace fast and the tension taut…A thinking person’s thriller’ Newsday

I have about 75 pages left. You can read a LONG article about this book by following this link: http://www.btinternet.com/~buckleburyweb/sh.htm

Here's a good quote:
‘Our own selves make us most unhappy, and that’s why we’re so anxious to lose them, don’t you think? Remember the Erinyes?’ ‘The Furies,’ said Bunny, his eyes dazzled and lost beneath the bang of hair. ‘Exactly. And how did they drive people mad? They turned up the volume of the inner monologue, magnified qualities already present to great excess, made people so much themselves that they couldn’t stand it.’

I'll let you know how it turns out. Until then, hang in there!

1 Comments:

At 2/04/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I will always hang in there! And I check every day. But it is hard to write something EVERY day. Do you have any weekend plans? How is the new car?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home