Thursday, March 03, 2005

Paris!

Eiffel Tower from Space! You can find pictures taken from satellites of a lot of famous buildings. I once found a website that could zoom in on your address in the US. I bet that the folks over at the CIA can find naked women/men with their cameras, but of course WMDs are much harder to locate.


Yaacov and I are going to Paris in a few weeks. We are meeting our friends and former neighbors Ingra and Ron there for a few days of FUN!

I have been to Paris before and it really is a beautiful city. Somehow I don't have any pictures from that trip! I am going to take lots of photos this time.

Have you been to Paris? Do you have any suggestions or travel tips? Post a comment and tell us all about them!

In other news, I got my visa to stay in Israel until November and I got a multiple entry visa. That means that I can come and go here and not have to worry about the tourist restrictions. I also got a work permit! A work permit?!?! What am I supposed to do with that?

1 Comments:

At 3/09/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger wil said...

hey there! Hope all is well there! Things are a bit hard here in Philly at the moment, but well!!!So one of my favorite/most romantic spots in Paris is the Montmartre quarter on top of the Hill with the Sacre Coeur. I think you can climb on top of the monument with an even more striking breathtaking view of the city... beware though that at the bottom of the hill, some little streets might be kind of dangerous! Another area I love to walk through is the Latin quarter ("Quartier Latin") which has a lot of little restaurant with hosts trying to get you in, waiting on the streets. Very fancy. Some are cheap and good. It's also very close to the gayborhood. As far as museums, my favorite is the Beaubourg Center, also in the gayborhood. It's got a very special, colorful, architecture.
Of course the Champs Elysees are a must and you can catch a movie there. In the area there is a fabulous restaurant Dave and I loved, called ManRay. Very trendy. Other questions, just ask! Y has my email address.
Hugs to you both!
W

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home