Friday, April 22, 2005

On Being Israeli

My friend Jess from ulpan invited me to a pot-luck dinner at her house on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun hanging out with folks from ulpan in a different setting! Everyone made a little something - all veggie. I made a tasty dish with onions, diced tomatoes, and chickpeas. We also brought spicy, curried pita...yum!

So, being an American in Israel, I resisted the urge to arrive exactly on time (6:00)...so Yaacov and I got there at 6:05. For a while Yaacov was the only Israeli there. It was fine for him, after spending most all of the past 5 years in the U.S., he felt pretty comfortable.

We put out all the dishes and lit little tea candles. It was lovely. Everyone was having fun. In a while the next Israeli arrived and after hanging out for about 5 minutes said, "Where the hummus?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home