Thursday, April 21, 2005

Peeling

A week ago Yaacov and I went to Tel Aviv for part of the day. He attended some academic lecture and I went to the beach. I SO looked like a German tourist hanging out in front of the big hotels in TA. Well, I wasn't going to be out there for a long time, so I didn't wear sunscreen...I know what you're thinking--oh, no...

First of all, many guys here wear little bathing suits. A wonderful chance to pull out the Speedos. So parts of my body were getting sun for the first time!

Well, I really didn't get much sun on the beach; most of the damage happened after Yaacov picked me up and we went to Jaffo for lunch and the flea market. My hopes for the beach were that I would loose some of my tan lines from walking around Jerusalem in a tank top. Well, I got home and after wearing a short-sleeved shirt most of the day, my arms looked like I had dipped them in pink paint.

A couple of days later, I started to peel. I think that it's all done now.

Just goes to show you that you can get up in the morning and have the best intentions - and you get back in the bed at night with a sunburn. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home