Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Waiting

I finished reading Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler a couple of days ago. It was pretty good. It sort of read like an afterschool special except I didn't get the important message. Basically it shows how people change through various life events. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise! It was entertaining though even without sex and bad words. You know what it reminds me of?...an extended story from Reader's Digest. So, if you like those stories from Reader's Digest, you'll like this book.

Now I am reading Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi. I am really enjoying this book. It traces the life of a dwarf (waiting to grow) in Germany from birth in 1915 through 1949 or so. The book is a little over 500 pages full of wonderful prose. I was a little intimidated at first, but now that I am about 200 pages into the story, I am having fun. The pace is just right. The novel is unfolding this story of WWII in Germany like an important note that someone always carries in their pocket...folded and unfolded at the bus stop...read and re-read so as not to forget how it all happened. Even though I am into finished, I would highly recommend this book!

I buy books in Jerusalem at Sefer ve Sefel (book and mug). Click on this link to take you to a nice article about this store. The part about the bookstore is toward the end of the article. It's a great bookstore and a far cry from Barnes and Noble (good and bad).

I have been waiting for my tax refund. My NC tax refund was deposited in my bank account today. I am waiting for my IRS refund. I was surprised by how much I am getting back. Usually I try to estimate and take enough exemptions so that I don't owe a lot and I don't get a lot back. I am thinking about buying some new summer clothes with part and investing the rest. Anyone have good experiences with online investing? Let me know!

I am waiting to get some good sleep. I haven't been resting well lately and it shows in my attitude and energy level. I have been staying away from caffeine and drinking camomile tea before bed. I also like using lavender essential oils in a diffuser in the bedroom. But I am still zonked in the afternoon.

Ok, I am rambling now.

1 Comments:

At 4/11/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger John said...

Got my IRS refund 2 days ago. Opened a money market acct at the credit union until I decide what to do with it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home