Saturday, April 30, 2005

What a Night!

Thursday night I went out to a bar to meet up with some friends. It was a lot of fun. Dancing. Talking. Just general merrymaking. The details are a little hazy. I didn't really drink too much - it's just with the lights, the music and tons of people - it was all just a little overwhelming. Well, it got time to go and my friend Sharon offered to give me a ride. For some reason, I reached for my house key in my pocket and couldn't find it. Nor my cell phone. They had fallen out. Panic! Sharon looked around in the throng of people and found my phone, thank goodness. But the key was really lost. Totally pointless to look for it. Sharon said that I could crash with her, but she has cats. I am really allergic to cats. So, this guy Eduardo offered to let me stay at his place. He's from Mexico of all places and a doctor studying trauma here. Israel is probably a good place to study trauma.

We left my number with the bartender in hopes that someone will find my key.

I called Yaacov to let him know what was going on, but there's not much he could do from the US. He said that he would call his dad in the morning and would get someone to come and let me in.

At this point, I really just wanted to cry. I know it's not a big deal. But I was embarrassed and frustrated. But I didn't. I was a big boy.

So at 8:00 on Friday morning, I was up and wide awake on Eduardo's sofa. Yaacov calls his dad. His dad calls a locksmith. I take a cab home in my smelly clothes that I slept in...no toothbrush either. I wait for the locksmith to arrive.

By 10:30 I am back in my apartment. New lock. New door handle. 1500 sheckles lighter. (about $330)

The best part about this whole experience (other than really appreciating Yaacov and his dad coordinating help! and Sharon and Eduardo being great friends! Thanks!!!!) was that while I was waiting for the locksmith to come, I found a strange photo (I've scanned it and posted below.) in the street in front of our building! Look at it! So weird! It made me laugh out loud! The guy has some toy duck on his shoulder and the front of his shorts are wet! I've been really looking at my neighbors to see if I can figure out who it is. When the woman upstairs moved out this week, she had a lot of trash and this might have been part of it. Oh my goodness, it is so funny!

1 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger John said...

PS: The bar called me last night and said that they found my key.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home