Thursday, May 05, 2005

A 12 Hour Flight

Tomorrow morning Yaacov, his mom and dad, and I are coming to America. I am excited. I am getting those pre-flight jitters. Did I pack everything? Do I have enough underwear? Yaacov says that I am a total "stress ball" whenever I travel. I just hope that I remember to take my camera this trip. I forgot it on the trip to Paris.

The flight to the US from Israel is about 12 hours. Then I am taking about a 2 hour flight to Charlotte. It's going to be a LONG day! On the trans-Atlantic Continental flights, all the seats have your own personal TV monitors. One channel has a map that tracks the plane's location. Each time I fly, I swear that thing is broken. It seems like you're flying over Greece for hours!

I am leaving Y and his family in NYC and heading down to York, SC to visit with my mom and family in Kings Mtn., NC. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and eating homecookin'. You can't get fried okra in Israel! We're meeting back up in the middle of the week and will spend some time in Chapel Hill. I'll email folks tonight to let you know our Chapel Hill plans (Jenn et. al.).

After that we're going to Charleston, SC for some R&R. We'll slowly make our way back up through SC and they'll drop me off with my family for a final weekend. I'll fly back to NYC and have one night there. Then it's back to the Holy Land.

I thought about bringing gifts for everyone. But just the plane ticket was about $1000, so you'll have to do with my smiling face right now. Ok?! Geeze!

So, I don't know if I'll be blogging for the next couple of weeks. Maybe you'll get an update between now and the end of May. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home