Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blog Envy

There are thousands of blogs (probably millions). I read several every day. Usually, I know the blogger or enjoy the writing style. All of them are entertaining or educational - stimulating. A lot of blogs have counters. These are the little tools that keep track of how many people visit your blog. I have a site meter and it gives me some information about who is visiting my site.

I think that I get about seven visits a day. There are blogs that I read that get hundreds of visitors. The reason I write this blog is for myself and to communicate a little with my family. But I can't help having visions of grandeur where hundreds of people want to read my blog. Not happening.

Another aspect of a lively, popular blog is are the comments that people submit in response to the post. Sometimes the comments are more interesting that the original post. Comments provide a place for conversation and good argument. Not too many folks comment on my writing. That's ok. I know that you're reading. Maybe I am just not controversial.

I don't think that I am going to do anything differently. I am going to keep blogging about what I want to blog about. If I become a blog star, well, that would be nice. But I really don't want the pressure.

______

Yaacov and I spent the morning looking for a copy of Faulkner's As I Lay Dying with no luck. We did end up buying fruit, a bottle of champagne, and a copy of The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.

The dinner party was a success. Tasty food. Good friends. Lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home