Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Surprises

I don't really like surprises. I like to know what's going on and "feel" that I am somewhat "in control". As I get older, I am realizing that these are all delusions...

I've had two surprise birthday parties in my life. I think one was when I turned 14. My mom did a good job of planning it - I was totally surprised. The other one was (I think) when I turned 26. Yaacov (and Ingra!) did a good job of planning it. I was totally surprised. But the first thing I thought about when I realized that their was a surprise party at my house was, "Oh my God, I hope the bathroom is clean!" I didn't have to worry about that with my mom. She's a bigger clean-freak than I am.

But some surprises aren't big like surprise parties.

Each time I open a carton of yogurt I am surprised when that little bit pops out. It's especially bad if the yogurt has warmed up a little. Many times I've ended up with little blobs of yogurt on my shirt. The other surprise I get a lot is with the bottle of Angostura Bitters. I LOVE bitters in coke, in ginger ale - I am a freak about it. It's tatsy! Well, every time (really, every time!) I turn the bottle up to add some bitters to my drink, a little shoots out before the bottle is aimed into the class. Little brown dots of bitters ends up on the counter. Every time. And I am still surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home