Saturday, July 16, 2005

More Surprises

I recently wrote about my general dislike for surprises. I think that I need to correct myself. I do actually like some surprises.

The other day I was washing dishes and as I put the bottle of Palmolive down I guess I gently squeezed the bottle and several tiny bubbles floated out. They drifted around the sink for a moment in the breeze. (The windows in our apartment are open all of the time. However, we're still debating on the best way to keep cool....to open them at night and close them during the day or to leave them open all of the time) For some reason the bubbles made me smile. What a nice surprise.

A couple of weeks ago gardeners came to refresh the garden of the apartment building across the street. As part of their work they put a new terracotta pot with bright pink petunias by the entryway. The same day I saw a resident walk right past the flowers then do a doubletake and smile after having noticed the flowers. She had a nice surprise. It was a nice surprise for me to see her notice them too.

I've always enjoyed finding long forgotten money in pockets. I even like finding ticket stubs or restaurant receipts in pockets and thinking about the movie I saw, who I was with, etc. Recently I found a NYC subway token that I got on my first trip there in the 10th grade. I didn't even know that I brought it to Israel. It hitchhiked inside a Louis Vuitton bag that I bought before Louis Vuitton became cool again and when I was a different kind of person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home