Sunday, August 28, 2005

Back to Work

OMG, today I sat through a seven-hour meeting for the project I am working on. Basically it was an overview of what the team needs to complete over the next month. There's a lot of work.

Here's what's happening. There are two museums, Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC and the Pacific Science Center in Seattle, WA that are putting together an exhibit around the Dead Sea Scrolls. Basically, these museums will get ten or so very important scraps of parchment and they want me to help them make a museum exhibit out of it - in the next 30 days!

The guts are more or less in place. They know which scrolls are going to which museum. They know which pottery shards, baskets, etc are going where. But the artifacts are just one part of an exhibit. My job over the next few weeks will be to search the archives of the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) and pick photographs to help tell the story of the discovery, conservation, and cultural importance of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It will also be my job to help keep the team working at the IAA and the Israel Museum moving forward on this project as we near the absolute, final, WE HAVE TO HAVE IT, production date. So, I have my work cut out for me.

After almost a year of what Yaacov calls "hanging out", it's a shock to my system to have to pay attention for more than three hours or so. I'll keep you posted on how well I do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home