Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fall

This morning I had a tough session with my therapist. I am working on lots of big life issues right now. I am actually planning to share about some of them in upcoming posts.

To pick myself up a little, I thought that it might be fun to share some fall pictures from North Carolina. It's officially fall here in Jerusalem - it's cold and rainy - but not like fall in NC.

These folks are having fun on the American Tobacco Trail in Durham. I used to ride my bike here. It's a lovely refuge in the middle of the city.



This is a photo of the Linn Cove Viaduct. It's part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the mountains of NC.


8 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 1:04 PM, Blogger ontheface said...

Wow, how stunningly beautiful. I could practically smell the leaves.

 
At 11/08/2005 4:05 PM, Anonymous Sharon said...

Oh, wow! So pretty!

 
At 11/08/2005 6:37 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey, John! I''m working from home today and (gay boy that I am) turned on Martha Stewart's TV show. She mentioned filling a box with Fall leaves and sending them to someone that's "missing" Fall. I exclaimed how wonderful an idea it was. Want some???

 
At 11/09/2005 9:31 AM, Anonymous yasmin said...

North Carolina is be-yoo-tiful! Jerusalem blanketed in snow is also gorgeous. Here's to hoping that flakes will fall this Winter. I hope you will feel better. :-)

 
At 11/10/2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Shirat_HaSirena said...

Thanks for posting these...familiar places...it's nice to see it again. I was just telling my boyfriend (LE) about how beautiful the mountains are when the leaves start to change. :)

 
At 11/10/2005 11:53 PM, Blogger Yael K said...

Oh ouch. Homesick pang looking at those beautiful fall leaves in so many shades. But glad you put 'em up, geeeooorrrgious.

 
At 11/12/2005 12:23 PM, Blogger John said...

Lisa: Gosh the smell of leaves - I miss that! There is a tree across the street and it's leaves are turning/falling. I just want to grab a bunch and push them up to my face. They have the real fall leaf smell.

Sam: That's for the heads up on the commenting thingy. Martha is great - what an idea! Save your stamps, but thanks though! :-)

Yasmin and Sharon: You're both so right!

Shirat: Don't you miss fall in Chapel Hill?! There's nothing like the leaves, the football games, and fun!

 
At 11/13/2005 2:38 PM, Blogger Liza said...

I'm from Upstate NY/New England. God, do I miss Fall foliage! Your pictures are wonderful. Makes me want to rake up a big pile and jump right in (without the lollypop, of course)!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home