Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Beautiful Man

Yesterday I was dashing to the grocery store for odds and ends to make dinner. On my way there, I passed a local Jerusalem character. I passed that guy in Kikar Tsarfat (France Square) that asks for money in his loud raspy voice - BAVAHKASHA! HABIBI! As I walked toward him he said to me in English (I hate it when people address me in English here. It makes me feel so outsiderish. I think that it's my tennis shoes - but I am not giving them up to fit in.), "Beautiful man, give me some change!" I shook my head no and walked past and then he PINCHED ME! He pinched me on the arm! It wasn't a hard pinch, but it was a pinch! I still don't know what to do about it. I think that when I see him next time I might pinch him back. But he did call me beautiful - so that's gotta count for something.

Later in the afternoon, I was hanging out at Restobar. Two guys were having coffee near me. One was about 60 years old and the other was in his 40s I think. After they paid the bill the older man got down on one knee in the middle of the cafe and lifted up his chair. They are regular cafe chairs - you know, wooden dining chairs. Anyway, this guy balanced one leg of the chair on just one finger and held it in the air. I've seen this trick on TV before, but it was just so strange to see him do it in the middle of this cafe!

Last week I bumped into my friend Demetri with his mom and sister. His sister took this picture of us - now you can see the beautiful man for yourself (I'm on the left).

5 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 2:37 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Pinched you?!?! Weird...

Right in the middle of the cafe?!? Weird...

:)

 
At 12/07/2005 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching the movie "Hair" last night, and realized that you bear a striking resemblance to John Savage (Claude Hooper Bukowski).

I hope you take that as a compliment, that's how it was intended. :-)

 
At 12/07/2005 4:01 PM, Anonymous אביב said...

יש לך תיק כמו שלי.. מגניב.
רק שאני סוחב בו 5 קילו ספרים :-D

 
At 12/08/2005 3:08 AM, Blogger TM (Jewlicious) said...

Could have been worse, he could have pinched your butt.

"Hey, beautiful Man with the attractive butt, gimme some money."

 
At 12/08/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger John said...

TM - I might have given him some then...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home