Saturday, December 17, 2005

Greetings from Christmas - I mean, America

Christmas started as I got on the plane at Ben Gurion and they were playing Christmas music! I flew Continental.

It's about 7:00am here and I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it OK. My flight from Newark to Charlotte was cancelled yesterday for "mechanical problems" but I was re-booked on one that left just two hours later.

Turns out that my mom's neighborhood is a hot spot. There are about 7 people with unsecured wireless connections that I can use in reach of my mom's house! It's probably a ploy by W to eavesdrop on me though.

I got my Holy Land gifts for my family wrapped last night. We're having lunch at my dad's house today and I wanted to have the gifts all ready. Everything made it here in one piece.

5 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous Shirat_HaSirena said...

Don't you just LOVE people who leave their wireless networks open!? :)

So glad you made it home safely and that you'll be able to spend Christmas with your family. Maybe you'll even see a bit of snow?????

I'm sad I have an appointment in Jerusalem on Thursday and you're way over there...we'll have to get together when you return.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

 
At 12/18/2005 3:08 PM, Blogger John said...

Shirat: They've been talking snow ever since I got here. There was an ice storm the day before I came and lots of people are still w/o power. Sound familiar for NC? We might even have flurries on Christmas Eve! We'll def get together when I get back!

 
At 12/18/2005 5:11 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Glad you're here!

We run our wifi AP open - share the wealth, I say!

 
At 12/18/2005 6:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I get to see you in 2 days! I am so excited!!!! I loved talking to you on the phone yesterday. I love email but nothing can replace hearing your great laugh! See you Tues!

 
At 12/18/2005 8:26 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Welcome back to the Fundamentalist Republic of America.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home