Saturday, December 10, 2005

JJ's Day at the Beach

So the day started out kinda strange. I had a dream about Michael Stipe. In the dream, I was hanging out at something like a county fair with Michael but I didn't know who he was. He was flirting with me though! Well, he was at the fair to give a concert. He did his performance and afterwards for some reason I was wandering around the parking lot (???!!!). Michael's limo pulled up behind me and he had his driver flash his brights on my ass. Then I woke up. Weird! I don't think that performing at a fair is so ridiculous for Michael Stipe - I mean, he is from Georgia. The thing that got me was him riding in a limo. Michael, if you're reading this - do you actually ride in limos? Please say no.

After I recovered from the dream, I got dressed and headed out to meet my Norwegian friend "JJ" for brunch at the beach in Tel Aviv. Folks, it was December 9 and I was headed to the beach. I had my towel and bathing suit in my bag. December 9! Na na na na na - in your face cold people! After brunch, we met up with Yaacov and found a nice spot to hang out. I changed into my little suit right there on the beach. After I was all fixed, JJ looked at me and said, "Ready to go in?" Ok, it was a warm day and all, but the water was c-o-l-d! It was refreshing though and we had fun swimming around until I lost feeling in my toes.

This is a picture of the section of the beach where we were hanging out.

I am now back in J-town getting ready for the week. I have ulpan tomorrow and I am procrastinating from homework thanks to a new-to-me podcast called Fox and the City. It's "queer comedy romp that's gay fun!".

I also have a meeting at the Rockefeller Museum later in the day tomorrow. Tune in for that exciting post!

5 Comments:

At 12/11/2005 11:55 AM, Anonymous Shirat_HaSirena said...

How fun! I was thinking about how it was beautiful weather this weekend too. I had school on Friday but part of me wanted to head to the beach in Tel Aviv...

It's so nice living so close to the water like this! I have never been so spoiled in my life!

 
At 12/11/2005 3:15 PM, Anonymous אביב said...

I miss the rain, though:-P Israel's eternal summer can be annoying sometimes. I wear a coat when I go to school on 8:00am and a T-shirt with short sleeves when I leave on 3:00pm..

 
At 12/12/2005 1:38 AM, Blogger Margalit-L said...

Hi, it's really nice to read about other people's experiences making aliyah, doing ulpan etc. I am doing the same next summer, so I shall continue to enjoy reading your blogs! ALIYAH=RISING UP!

~M-L~ UK

 
At 12/12/2005 11:14 PM, Blogger John said...

Shirat - when I get back from the US, we've gotta catch up!

Aviv - I miss the rain too. But I hear the winter weather is on it's way...now that we're halfway through December.

Margalit - thanks! I am glad you're enjoying it. Before I moved to Israel, I read tons of blogs - that's how I got into it. It keeps you excited about the big move!

 
At 12/13/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Sam said...

You're just a wee bit evil! Still, you'll be freezing your butt off here in little ol' NC soon enough! No running around in you little suit here, buddy! ;)

"J-town" I like that. Did you come up with that or'd ya borrow it? Seems a bit NC...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home