Friday, December 09, 2005

Totally Tel Aviv

Y and I are spending some time in Tel Aviv this weekend. He's going to a meeting this morning at the university and I am hanging out. He just left and walked to our car parked on the side of the street. As he did the beep-beep to unlock the car, a woman on the 4th floor of a nearby apartment building called down and asked, " Are you leaving?!" Yaacov said that he was. She said, "Oh, can you wait a minute?! I'll be right down. My husband is on the way home and I'll save the parking space for him." Yaacov pulled away and the woman took up her position - standing in the parking space.

3 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 5:52 PM, Blogger Adam said...

My mom used to make me do the same thing when we lived in NY.

 
At 12/09/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

Another example of why an ex-New Yorker feels at home in Tel Aviv.

 
At 12/12/2005 9:49 PM, Blogger Sam said...

funny. I've done this here at shopping centers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home