Friday, December 30, 2005

Update 2: Bloggers

On this trip to the US, I got to see/meet a couple of bloggers.


Here I am with Sam. My mom and I met Sam at a truckstop not far from his workplace. Yes, folks, no cafes in central NC. Truckstops. And people ask me if it was hard to move to Israel!

It was great to meet up with Sam after following his blog and emailing each other. Thanks, Sam!

The girl in pink is CJ from That CJ Girl on her trip to Indonesia this summer. She's my cousin. We've been Christmas-ing together for almost two weeks! CJ and her mother made a scene in the airport when they picked me up last week. Imagine sorority girls seeing each other after Spring Break. CJ hasn't blogged in a long time :-( because she's been busy with school and such.

I also got to visit with my friend Jenn. That isn't Jenn in the picture! It's her dog Bella that she writes about frequently. Jenn, my mom and I met at Porter's in Raleigh. We had a wonderful visit but it was too short! Jenn gave me a cool watch for Christmas and she got fun things from the Old City - olive wood doodads and Ahava stuff.

I am thinking that my next trip to the US will be a Blog Tour. I will fly around the country and meet up with bloggers (and even non-bloggers! gasp!) that I like. I wonder if I can write a grant or get someone to sponsor me - Continental Airlines are you listening? Hello Hilton folks?

6 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 4:58 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Fun post!

I love the blog tour idea, especially on a grant! C'mon, you know you can work that up.

It was truly wonderful to meet you and your mother. Definitely one of the major highlights of this holiday season...

Happy & Safe New Year!

 
At 12/31/2005 5:01 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I love it when bloggers meet. It seems like it'd be really exciting to meet the person behind the personna.

 
At 12/31/2005 5:44 AM, Blogger John said...

Adam - does that mean that you want to be a stop on the tour? It'll be like 'On the Road' with Charles Kuralt!

 
At 12/31/2005 8:15 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I always enjoyed Charles Kuralt.

What's up with these EVIL word verifications?!?! This one is evlzohhk

 
At 1/01/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger ifyouwillit said...

Blog tour sounds like a great idea, and I am sure there is a TV channel out there you could sell the story to.

Have you heard of a comedian called Dave Gorman? He's done a fair bit on the BBC in the UK and this sounds like the sort of thing he gets up to.

 
At 1/05/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger christy said...

I hope you'll make Seattle a stop on your blog-tour! I'd be happy to take you to some fabulous coffee shops (there are also some wonderful tea shops here, both the Asian kind and the English kind)

Happy New Year, and if you figure out a good cornbread recipe, please share!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home