Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005's Sunset


The other day my mom and I went to visit my cousin and her family - including her new baby! On our way there we got this fantastic skyshow. I made my mom stop on the side of the road for the second time in one day to take pictures. These pictures were taken on a hill outside of Kings Mountain looking west - yes, the direction that the sun sets. On a clear day you can see forever - along the horizon of the images you can see the mountains in the distance.

I need to clean my camera lens. Can you find the smudge? These pictures were taken on New Years Eve and I think that it was a pretty beautiful way to end 2005.


3 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Beautiful pictures!

 
At 1/03/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I saw that sunset from Mebane, NC! We were at a cousin's home and Granny hollered (in a not so ladylike way) for everyone to look at it. She is the matriarch of the family, so she can do whatever she wants. Still, she was a bit embarrassed when she realized there were still guests there that were not family! We had a good laugh about it on the way home. Thanks for helping me remember it.

I'm gonna swipe one of your pics and put it on my site with this comment just so I'll look back on it someday. ;)

 
At 1/04/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Sweettooth120 said...

Just stunning!

Ah, Granny. I love hearing you guys from NC refer to grandma as Granny, that and youngins, fixin, and buggy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home