Friday, January 06, 2006

How Insensitive of Me!

The other day I said that Christmas was over. Well, it's not. This morning I woke up early again (but managed to fall back asleep) and heard the sound of bells ringing in the distance. I thought, "Why are the bells ringing at daybreak?" I don't know for sure (leave a comment if you know), but I think that it was probably related to some Christmas celebration.

Some of the Orthodox Christians here celebrate Christmas on January 7 because they follow the Julian Calendar. Folks in the Armenian Church observe Christmas on January 6 and celebrate both the birth and baptism of Jesus on the same day.

See, that's how Santa is able to do it all - it's not just one night. You have to subtract all of the bad kids and the Jewish kids too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home