Thursday, January 26, 2006

Let There Be Light (OMG! I Met Margaret Warner!!!)

Today is cleaning day. Why is it that cleaning day always has the most beautiful weather? One of my chores for the day was to replace the tubes in the kitchen light. They had been flickering for a couple of days and finally went dark yesterday.

I went to the hardware store (It's right beside the dry cleaner.). As I approached it, I saw a well made-up woman in a bright red suit standing in front of a cafe speaking to someone. She had a pad and pen in her hands and looked very familiar. I called Y and asked him the name of "that woman"on the NewsHour. He said, "You mean Gwen Ifill?" I replied, "No the other one." "Oh," he said, "that's Margaret Warner I think." I shouted, "Well, she's right here on Aza in front of the Coffee Shop!" Of course, I had to go and introduce myself.

Yes, folks, Margaret Warner was right here in my little Jerusalem neighborhood! I just think that the NewsHour is the best news program ever and was thrilled to shake her hand. Y and I think that it's interesting to consider that I would have probably not have ever met her on a street in the US, but the likelihood is greater here in Jerusalem. She's been here covering the Palestinian elections.

I called a couple of friends to share with them about my star sighting and when I said, "I just saw Margaret Warner!!!" They said, "Who?" Ok, I know that she's not as famous as Madonna, but she's someone that I respect and admire...so it was pretty special!

I returned home with the tubes and changed them. But still no light. Researched on the internet a bit and decided to change the "starters". Bought two new "starters" and now I can see what I am cooking. Now I just need to move away from the computer and do some other chores.

1 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger Sam said...

It's always special to meet someone we respect and admire. Glad you got to meet her!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home