Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pride Parade Stabber Convicted

Remember last summer when a man did this?:

and this:


Well, the man that stabbed three people at the 2005 Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade was convicted just moments ago for attempted murder, sabotage, and injury. This story hasn't hit the major news outlets yet. You're getting it here first.

Sentencing will take place in the near future. However, my sources tell me that they expect a sentence of 10 to 15 years for these crimes.

Want to make a change? Get involved with Jerusalem WorldPride 2006.

Update: Read more about it here.

7 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I'm glad they're not just slapping him on the wrist. This is sad on all sides.

 
At 1/31/2006 8:37 PM, Anonymous benjamin said...

"not just slapping him on the wrist"?

10-15 years for attempting to murder three people seems like a very light sentence to me.

 
At 1/31/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger John said...

Benjamin - Here in Israel sentencing is generally less than it is in the US. Murder carries a "life sentence" that generally ends up being 20 years of time served. So, for attemped murder, 10 years is pretty much the going rate. There is no capital punishment in Israel.

 
At 1/31/2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous benjamin said...

I'm not in the US, but I do appreciate the clarification, John. Thanks.

 
At 2/01/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I think if this had occurred in the US, he wouldn't have even been charged with attempted murder, probably just some type of assault charge and a pittance of a sentence.

 
At 2/02/2006 3:55 AM, Anonymous jaime said...

I never even heard about that. I love the Gay Pride Parades. They are so much fun, especially the ones in SF.

 
At 2/04/2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Yael K said...

I hope they stick him in a jail cell with a real sweet (not) cellmate and that everyday he is in there he is so regretting his actions. Probably neither will happen. But I can wish.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home