Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Voting for Myself

Every election day they show pictures of politicians coming out of the voting booth all smiles. You know they just voted for themselves. It's a little electoral masturbation. No wonder they're smiling!

Well, in the Israeli blogosphere it's voting time. Israellycool and the Jerusalem Post have teamed up this year to host the Jewish and Israeli Blog Awards. Click on those links to find out more about it. There are some really great Jewish and Israeli blogs out there - many of them I read every day. I am glad that the JIB Awards brings some attention to blogs I might not otherwise have read.

But, if you can believe it, I wasn't even nominated! Gasp! I know! It really is a shame.

So today, as I cry into my green tea with lemon, I am just going to say to myself, "I am a good enough blogger. I am a smart enough blogger. Doggone it, people read me."

7 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 1:22 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

I'll vote for you if you vote for me.

 
At 1/10/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger ontheface said...

And doggone it, people love you too.

I was going to suggest that you were overlooked 'cause you're a gay goy boy living in the holy city, but heck - SD wasn't nominated either so there goes that inflammatory little theory.

If it's any comfort, I would've nominated you *both* - if I'd been paying attention. ;)

 
At 1/10/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger John said...

SD: Exactly. ;-)
Lisa: Yeah, I actually wrote something about goy/gay/age discrimination but edited myself.

All: Of course the whole point of this blog was to share about what was going on with me in this little corner of the world and to stay in touch with friends and family that are increasingly far away. So, I get lots of rewards from blogging if not awards.

 
At 1/10/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I'd vote for you and then I'd clear my cookies and vote for Blue!

 
At 1/10/2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I read you! Its ok. Awards are overrated.

 
At 1/11/2006 4:54 AM, Blogger Robbie said...

Hey! You can vote for me! I'm a gay too!

(and I actually was nominated!)

(Because I'm In My Twenties and It's What You Do)

 
At 1/12/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous noorster said...

Martin Scorsese has never won an Oscar.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home