Monday, February 06, 2006

Bug Sex

Last night I met Olivia Judson, the author of Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation. She's visiting a good friend of mine here in Jerusalem. I first heard of her and her book via an interview on Fresh Air. It feels like meeting a movie star to me to meet people interviewed by Terry Gross.

According to www.bn.com, Olivia's book is "An uproarious and authoritative natural history in the form of letters to and answers from the preeminent sexpert in all creation. This bestselling guidebook to sex reveals, for example, when necrophilia is acceptable, how to have a virgin birth, and when to eat your lover. It also advises on more mundane matters--such as male pregnancy and the joys of a detachable penis."

Olivia and I had fun talking about ants. Yes, I used to work at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC and know a thing or two about ants and other arthropods. I know nothing of detachable penises. Well, on second thought...

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Ya got me laughing out loud!!! Have a wonderful week!

 
At 2/07/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger Sweettooth120 said...

How funny, we both post about studying animals today. I love to listen to NPR. The book sounds great. I think my husband would love to hands on that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home