Saturday, February 18, 2006

Jerusalem Morning

Well, it's about 8:30am over here in the holy city. I've been up for about 40 minutes. I no longer need an alarm clock to wake me - my bladder does that job now. I hope that this isn't foreshadowing.

The sun is coming in strong through our white translucent curtains. It makes me want to be a cat and find a warm spot on the floor to take in all of the sunshine. There are birds chirping outside - doves cooing too. My upstairs neighbor has been washing this morning. I know because I heard her string the damp, clean laundry on the line. Her line stretches all along the side of the building. She clips her sheets and undies on the line and the hoists them across our Jerusalem stone building like a perverted sail. I can see the toes of her pantyhose dangling outside the window above my kitchen sink. The pulley squeaks and cries as she tugs on the line. It's her Shabbat morning protest.

It's been a busy week. I've volunteered at the Rockefeller Museum. I've had my therapy session, pilates class, and yoga class. I met with friends for ice cream. I got a hair cut that isn't short enough on top. I've been to a dinner party. I had dinner at a new-to-me cafe. I've worked out my chest and legs. I read lots of blogs and newspapers. Haven't finished Money.

Well, time to eat something.

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger jm0pper said...

instead of pilates and yoga you should give krav maga a go. more useful.

 
At 2/18/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger John said...

Thanks, jmOpper, but I am not a krav maga kind of guy. Although, I do think that I need to enhance my warrior archetype - maybe krav maga is the thing for that.

 
At 2/19/2006 10:43 AM, Anonymous Kari said...

Where's your favorite place to go in the Old City? I love the way you describe things.. it kind of feels like I'm there.
Shalom!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home