Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sad News About My Dorm

For three years I lived at 119 Stacy Hall on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I loved my time there. It was a coveted North Campus room - with air conditioning! Stacy is a small all-male dorm. Only 93 guys lived there. So we kind of got to know each other - especially the guys on your floor. It's super convenient to class but situated among the tall trees that make Chapel Hill so beautiful.

This is a picture of Stacy Hall form the side. I lived in a room on the first floor to the left of the white door.

A couple of days ago a Stacy resident died from a fall from a third story hall window.
Another student also fell. They were just horsing around. Apparently, no alcohol or drugs were involved. It makes me sad to think that a place where I had so much fun could also be a place of tragedy and grief for others.

Here's a picture of Stacy from the UNC Housing Dept. website. Summer in Chapel Hill...

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Kari said...

I am very sorry to hear that. What a sad and tragic situation. May G-d bring peace to everyone's hearts.

 
At 3/01/2006 8:45 PM, Blogger Sam said...

It is a shame. I think the funeral is today.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home