Monday, March 27, 2006

I Hate Filing Taxes

I know that paying taxes is a good thing. We pool our money to benefit us all....roads, services, wars in Iraq, good universal healthcare. This past year, I worked as a contractor for a couple of businesses. Now it's time for me to pay up. I don't mind paying the tax as much as I HATE the filing process. I use an online provider that helps me figure out how much tax I owe. But it's my ignorance of the tax laws/rules etc that get me. I am not confident that I've done the process correctly and each year I wait for a call from the feds to tell me I made a costly mistake. I know that they won't be calling to give me any money back. Grrr!

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 12:21 AM, Blogger Matt Erlandsen said...

I have the terrible new to tell you that here in Chile the Government DOES give you the money back if you over-paid your taxes... I'm sure there's a way to do it in the US/Israel.
Be pacient, it's just a form against a man.
Matt.-

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home