Thursday, March 02, 2006

Out the Window

Here are some pictures taken from the apartment where I am staying in TA. Click on them and zoom around - check out some of the TA skyline.


I finally finished that darn book Money by Martin Amis. I don't think that I got it. I mean, some of the prose was pretty cool, but as a story - blah. Didn't do it for me. Basically, I think that the main character had a hard childhood, nothing was ever real for him, he was an alcoholic, yeah, and...

Was it an allegory of the modern man? Was it a "get real before it's too late" tale? Was it about not being able to change your destiny? I mean, there are lots of ways to investigate these ideas that could be entertaining.

I've already started on my next book. It's It Will Never Happen to Me! by Claudia Black. A little non-fiction for good measure.

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Adam Lavitt said...

Martin Amis is a real trip - I think I read a book of his that my stuffy tutor at Oxford recommended, called "Time's Arrow", about the Holocaust. It was pretty amazing.

Come to think of it, I think I lent it to someone, and have never gotten in back. Grrrrr...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home