Friday, May 26, 2006

Little Miracles

Well, you can tell from the frequency of my posts that my job at the Antiquities Authority has kept me busy for the past two weeks. It's been fun to be in the Israeli workforce. I like my co-workers. I like the management. My Hebrew is stretching and growing. My only complaint is that I work in Bet Shemesh and I live in Jerusalem - just short of an hour commute by car (Gas is about $5 a gallon here.) or a complicated multi-hour commute by and assortment of cabs, busses, or train.

This past week I prepared a presentation of exhibit ideas to the donor that is funding the whole shebang. He came to the office in Bet Shemesh this morning at 8:30 AM to see what we've been working on and to see the artifacts first-hand. So, to get in my morning run and make it to the office, I had to get up by 6:45.

Yesterday we had a brief power outage and before I went to bed, I had to re-set the alarm clock. I was EXHAUSTED after a long week and collapsed into bed.

This morning - I woke up without the alarm clock at about 5:20. It's a good thing too because in my exhaustion-induced delirium, I hadn't set the clock correctly. It was programmed 12 hours off. Since today was an important day, it was a little blessing that I got up on my own.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 6:43 AM, Anonymous Kari said...

I've been to Bet Shemesh a long time ago! Enjoy... sounds like you are making quite a difference there... keep letting your creativity shine!

 
At 5/30/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Sam said...

little miracles, indeed!

Glad you woke up! (in more ways than one)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home