Saturday, May 13, 2006

Plate Hate

The image above is of a plate created by the same cool people that thought up the Forecast wifi umbrella. Look at the plate closely. Yep, that's nutritional information printed around the edge of the plate. There are plates with caloric information from all kinds of foods and others that share about how many calories you use during a particular kind of exercise. They say that the idea is to help fight the war on obesity through education.

I am all for a little string tied on my finger as a reminder, but I think that this is just going a little over the top.

I like the design of the plates though. I would just replace all of those food and exercise facts with beautiful quotes about enjoying the fullness of life...and tasting a little bit of everything.

3 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 8:51 PM, Blogger RR said...

I like the design, too- very pretty. The font, size and color of the lettering is nice. But I read some of what that plate said and now I'm in the mood for blueberry pancakes!

 
At 5/14/2006 6:23 AM, Blogger Robbie said...

I think I would shoot someone who tried to make me eat off of plates that told me how bad I look.

 
At 5/14/2006 11:36 AM, Anonymous noorster said...

I can't believe a blueberry pancake is only 84 calories.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home