Friday, May 05, 2006

Travels in Georgia: Day 8 (Last Day)

Well, did you think that the Georgian picture parade was over?! No! There's more. Here are some shots from the last day. We went to the market again and then to the airport. Enjoy!

The Tbilisi rail station


Apartments near the market. Looks like a grungy Tel Aviv.

The market is three levels of fun and food...and housewares, and clothes...and...

...flowers

Yaacov is shopping for a Georgian treat - "choorch-hela". Different kinds of nuts are strung together and repeatedly dipped in sweet fruit pectin-ish juice. It makes a sweet coating that's a healthy snack.


Mountains of freshly milled flour.

The three little pigs (well, their heads and parts at least)

There are two SUPER GROSS pictures (don't do it if you have a weak stomach) that you can view by clicking HERE and HERE.

8 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous noorster said...

Thank you for sharing this - excellent series. Re: the super gross pictures, why oh WHY couldn't I just, uh, resist??!?

 
At 5/06/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Yael K said...

I resisted! Thank you for the warning :) And thank you by the way very very much for connecting me up with CK from Jewlicious for the webdesign!!!!!!

Happy anniversary to you two! Scrabble next week? :)

 
At 5/07/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger RR said...

How 'bout a hint re. the gross pics? What are we talking here, icky animal parts being munched on by giant rats? I almost clicked but restrained myself, as I'm easily grossed out.

 
At 5/07/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger John said...

Noorster: I warned you!
Yael: You're welcome and thanks! We'll see about scrabble...
RR: icky animal parts for sale at the meat market. Don't do it.

 
At 5/07/2006 8:20 PM, Anonymous Aviv said...

My grandmother had made cow brains once for dinner. I just ran away and didn't eat that day.

 
At 5/07/2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Adam Lavitt said...

Thanks for sharing! Your trip looks like it was fascinating and fun!

 
At 5/08/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger RR said...

Oh, so I was close!!! Thanks, I'll refrain.

 
At 5/09/2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Shirat HaSirena said...

Your pictures are fabulous! Thanks for sharing all of this from your trip. I still think my favorite part is the furry hat...glad I got to see that thing in person!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home