Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yummy Archeology

I've just started a new gig with the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) at their offices in Bet Shemesh. We had our "let's get this project started" meeting yesterday. After two hours of meeting in Hebrew, my head hurt - like your legs do after a long run...you know it's good for you but it still hurts.

I had been to the offices there before but I entered the industrial park where they're located a different way yesterday. Right across from the IAA is something wonderful...a Max Brenner Manufacturing Plant! OMG! The air smells like chocolate and the whole factory is painted this chic chocolaty color. It's like working across the street from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

I am SO hoping that they have a little factory store...or will at least give me a tour on my coffee break(s). I want to see the Hebrew speaking Oompa Loompas!

6 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous noorster said...

I'm so jealous.

 
At 5/11/2006 2:37 AM, Blogger Yael K said...

I'll bring the scrabble game if you bring the chocolate. Ohmyg-d my mouth is watering!

 
At 5/11/2006 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool place and next to chocolate and in Israel... what else could a person want?

 
At 5/11/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Bert said...

Mouthwatering post. I do not know why but I will think about chocolate, Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp for the rest of the day.

 
At 5/11/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger RR said...

Congrats on your new gig! I don't know how you'll get any work done breathing in chocolate all day..mmm...

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was one of my favorite books growing up!

 
At 5/12/2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

"No one ever goes in, and no one ever comes out..."

So, can I visit you at work when I'm in Israel?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home