Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Belles of Solace Glen

Last year my friend Jenn (who doesn't blog anymore) sent me a few books as a present (thanks again, Jenn!). One of them was The Belles of Solance Glen by Susan James. This book was a great break during this past week from "normal" life here in Israel. The Belles of Solace Glen is a lighthearted mystery about a small town in Maryland. It was engaging but not life changing. It's not a piece of great literature but a good book to take to the beach or to enjoy on a lazy afternoon. If you're looking for a classic, pick something else. If you're looking for a light read and some entertainment, this could be a nice treat.

1 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I feel so bad I haven't been blogging! But I am moving into my house this Sat. Finally! Glad you found to book fun and entertaining. Unlike I don't read books to gain knowledge but to entertain. Though I have been seriously considering changing this. Any suggestions on thoughtful books?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home