Thursday, August 31, 2006

Book Meme Into the Funny Farm

1. Name one book that changed your life:
Finding the Love that You Want by Harville Hendrix

2. One book you've read more than once:
Hmmm. When I was a Kindergarten and First Grade teacher I read lots of books over and over, but I am not sure I've read any "adult" books more than once. Wait, I read Gone With the Wind at least twice because I did an independent study on it in college. My paper ended up being 60 pages of sexual references: Rhett as a sexual predator. Scarlet as a harlot. God helps sinners who help themselves. Etc. It was fun to write and my prof LOVED it.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
How to Get of a Desert Island Alive for Dummies.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Like Yael, I loved A Confederacy of Dunces. It's hilarious but really powerful too. I laughed out loud during parts of To Kill a Mockingbird - that part where Scout's dressed as a ham and falls down tickles me! Anything by David Sedaris is a good laugh and I enjoyed How I Learned to Snap by Kirk Read.

5. One book that made you cry:
Wilfrid Gordon Mcdonald Partridge kills me every time I read it. Kills me.

6. One book you wish you'd written:
Anything on Oprah's list - I wouldn't be writing this blog though - I'd be off being rubbed down by handsome tanned men that don't speak my language - hey, wait a minute...

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Yael said Faulker. I can't believe it. Blasphemy! I don't have any myself.


8. One book you're currently reading:
Just finished 10 Smart Things Gay Men Can Do to Improve Their Lives. Started a new one, but I am not going to share.


9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Outwitting History (I have a long list of "to read".)

10. Tag five people:
Nope. Not gonna play. This meme dies here. I'm living on the edge, I know. Tfu, tfu, tfu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home