Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cookin' on the Computer

A few days ago, I was complaining to a friend about how hot my laptop gets sometimes. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 (love it, btw!) and it warms up mainly under the right side of the keyboard after extended periods of use. It the winter it makes for a nice hand warmer. Right now though, when I am blogging in my boxers because it's so hot, I want to reduce the amount of heat near me as much as possible. My friend said that she saw a "cooling pad" for laptops at her local Office Depot (Yes, we have Office Depot in Israel.)

I talked to CK and Laya about it too. CK said that he's seen pictures on the internet of people cooking eggs on their computers. I believed him because I believe everything that CK says. But I wanted to see for myself and looked it up on the internet - THE source for truth. They said that Esther uses a cooling pad too.

Anyway, here's a link to a guy frying eggs in his CPU and a picture of it:

There's also an post on the internets where a guy cooks an egg on the underside of his MacBook. Now, I that guy has a lot of free time...

I headed to Office Depot and bought a cooling pad for myself. Here's a picture of a similar model. Mine has three fans instead of two.

It actually works pretty well for keeping my computer cool and it's really quiet. So, I am happy. I also read up on the Dell laptop battery recall and mine hasn't been recalled. With less heat and no fire, I'm one cool blogger.

6 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 1:26 PM, Anonymous Shirat HaSirena said...

...coolest blogger I know!

 
At 8/26/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

Here's a book waiting to be written here, something like Manifold Destiny
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375751408/104-9469683-4189508?v=glance&n=283155

 
At 8/27/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Sam said...

one cool blogger, indeed! had to have THREE fans over two, eh? Always have to have more! ;-)

 
At 8/27/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger John said...

Shirat: Thanks! ;-)
SD: That book looks fun. I am going to buy it and we'll cook next summer. Seriously.
Sam: You know me! ;-) That was all they had!

 
At 8/28/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger RR said...

I must really be out of it- I've never heard of a cooling pad, but what a great idea! Guess necessity really IS the mother of invention :-)

 
At 8/30/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger JR said...

Ive wondered about those... Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home