Friday, August 11, 2006

Hitting Home

I've mentioned my friend S a couple of times on this blog. She writes Shirat Hasirena. We chat online everyday and have become good friends over the past few months. We're the same age, went to the same university (GO HEELS!) and even grew up near each other. Despite all of that, we only met through the internet after we moved to Israel!

Yesterday, my dear friend S got sad news. One of her friends was killed in the conflict with Hezbullah. Go to Shirat Hasirena to read more about it.

I haven't fully processed how this feels for me. It makes me sad, angry, frustated - and definitely makes clear the fact that I live in a country at war.

3 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Nominally Challenged said...

Ouch. Terribly sad. Yesterday two of my friends got news like that. My thoughts are with all of them ...

 
At 8/11/2006 7:07 PM, Anonymous Shirat HaSirena said...

Thanks for mentioning him.
May his memory be a blessing...

 
At 8/12/2006 10:49 PM, Blogger JR said...

We are thinking about you guys out there and I am sorry to hear such news. I hope this over very soon and please keep yourself safe.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home