Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm Melting!

My goodness, it's hot! For the past couple of days, we've really been having a heat wave here. I guess that's what happens in the Middle East in the summer. It's almost 10:00 and it's already roasting here. Today's high is 93 degrees then it'll be 93, 95, 95, and 96 on Thursday! Here's the thing - we don't have air conditioning. Generally it's nice enough in Jerusalem that you don't need AC. The weather here (except for the 3 months of winter) is one of the best things about Jerusalem.

Today we're going to Y's parent's house. They have a swimming pool and AC, so we'll be ok today. For the rest of the week I think that I am going to just go hang out in cafes with AC and work.

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I am still in love with Photoshop and I've had fun teaching myself all kinds of neat things this week. My friend Sam has been a big help with the learning curve. He has his own PC service business. You can check it out at http://pciam.com. His website has lots of good free advice too. One of the things that Sam shared with me this week is a website with tons of free, neat fonts. Check out Urban Fonts.

When I was searching for an image of the wicked witch, there were lots of sites selling candles in the shape of the wicked witch. Get it?! I'm melting! I'm melting!

2 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 7:56 PM, Blogger sirbarrett said...

No air conditioning for the wicked. I hate muggy, swimmy air.

 
At 8/22/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's days like this where you feel like your deodorant wears off by 9:30 am!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home