Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's My Birthday

For me today marks the end/beginning of another trip around the Sun. I just went to my post from last year and frankly, I am much happier, healthier, and more hopeful than I was a year ago. That's wonderful because I wasn't that bad off then!

I've started to receive cute and loving b-day wishes - cards and emails. It's so lovely to be remembered!

Yesterday I went to Y's parent's house and we swam and ate lunch together - delicious fun. Y's mom bought me a spa day at the David Citadel Hotel with breakfast, a massage, and a pool pass. She got one for Y too so that I won't be lonely! :) I got a card from my mom that said fun packages are on the way - gifts from the US! Yeah!

Last year I did a list inspired by David over at Treppenwitz of things that I want the world to know. I am pondering my list of 29 things!

In celebration of my big day, the peace lilly that I have been caring for since I moved to Israel decided to bloom. I've had these plants before, but I've never been able to get them to bloom again. I guess this one is getting the right food and light.


While I am uploading pictures, check out this one from the other night. It's the moon coming up over the apartment building across the street. It was amazingly bright. Earlier in the evening it was huge and orange and I saw it rise right over the Tower of David from where I was having dinner.

I chatted with Savtadotty last night and she's in the running for the best new blog name: Show and Tel Aviv. I have also been considering Kiss and Tel Aviv. So put your thinking caps on and help me come up with a name. I don't know if I want it to be limited to Tel Aviv...so think Israel in general....hmmm.

10 Comments:

At 8/13/2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

happy birthday. hope you enjoy the next trip around the sun. make sure you have a towel! :)

 
At 8/13/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

Happy Birthday! Did you know that today is also Danny's birthday? Are you twins from different countries?

 
At 8/13/2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Jany said...

Happy Birthday, John!

What about "Kiss, sun and fun in Israel"?

Enjoy your day!

 
At 8/13/2006 3:00 PM, Blogger RR said...

Happy B-day!!! A spa day sounds so nice, what a terrific gift!

 
At 8/13/2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous CDodson said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have had a wonderful, fun day. cd

 
At 8/14/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes! It was a good one!

 
At 8/14/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Happy Birthday, John!

 
At 8/14/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN! I thought about you all day but didn't get a chance to post until now. Love you and miss you bunches!

 
At 8/15/2006 2:51 AM, Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Happy Birthday!! NYC loves ya, John, no matter what you call your blog!

Unless you pick a really stupid name. Then we'll have to have you shunned.

 
At 8/20/2006 2:50 AM, Anonymous Kari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN !!!! I hope each year continues to get better!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home