Friday, September 22, 2006

Have a Sweet New Year!

This weekend in Israel we're celebrating Rosh HaShana - or the Jewish New Year. One of the customs associated with this holiday is eating apples and honey for a sweet New Year. I decided to make some holiday cards for our family here. I was feeling a litte crafty.

I collected the materials: Brown cards and envelopes, some nice apples, and red craft paint.

I cut an apple in half and used a sponge brush to apply paint to the cut side of the apple. I pressed the painted apple onto the card face - being sure I did it "backwards" so that the card would open Hebrew style with the opening on the left side.

Once the paint was dry, I used a marker to draw on a leaf and stem. I also practiced my Hebrew writing and wrote an inside message. It was lots of fun!

I hope you all have a good and sweet New Year!

7 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Soooo cute! Shanah Tovah!

 
At 9/22/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

Beautiful! I want one! Please!

 
At 9/22/2006 1:43 PM, Anonymous KJ said...

I have been reading your blog for quite sometime now and I enjoy reading all your posts. A personlized touch for greetings and gifts speaks volume about the feelings. Shanah Tovah.

 
At 9/23/2006 5:36 AM, Blogger JR said...

Crafty! Your not Jewish though, right?

 
At 9/23/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks, everyone and shana tova to you all as well! :)

JR - nope, I am not Jewish, but my "inlaws" are and, you know, when in Rome... ;)

 
At 9/25/2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Shirat HaSirena said...

How cute are you!? I'm rather impressed with the craftiness...when you get to Tel Aviv, we can be crafty together :)

שנה טובה !!

 
At 9/27/2006 11:54 PM, Blogger Savtadotty said...

It's even more beautiful in person. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home