Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Knew It

This morning I woke up early and was computerizing on the sofa. My upstairs neighbor thinks that Shabbat means "wash the floor day" in Hebrew. I was listening through the floor/ceiling to her squeegee the floor and move the bucket around her apartment. When she puts the bucket down, there is a little boom.

As I was sitting there, one boom was weird - the sofa and whole apartment wiggled. The furniture didn't move but it felt really bizarre - like the whole building shifted.

Turns out that I am not the only one that felt it - others have reported feeling an earthquake this morning too!

6 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Lisa said...

See, that's what happens when you get up too early on Saturday morning - you experience scary things that you should really sleep right through. ;)

 
At 9/10/2006 4:59 AM, Blogger JR said...

So was it then? I have been waiting to feel them as everyone associates them with SF. When we actually had one I was rearranging furnture so my partner (Kalvin) felt it and I just noted the overhead lights swinging. I was sad to have missed it.

 
At 9/10/2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous fiLi said...

Heh, reminds me of a story a friend told me about how he felt the whole world shiver in his moment of extreme pleasure with his girlfriend, only to find out later that it was him - it was an earthquake and everybody felt it. Ofcourse he claimed that he was responsible.

:D

 
At 9/10/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger John said...

Lisa: ;)
Jr: Yep, a real earthquake - Israel rides along the northern part of the African rift valley.
Fili - Ha ha! :)

 
At 9/12/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger BagelUndertheCouch said...

that's priceless.

 
At 9/14/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger RR said...

I felt it too! I was sitting and reading when suddenly I realized that my chair was shaking- and I realized that one of the glass doors of our breakfront was open and it was quivering slightly, too.

My last earthquake was in Tel Aviv several years ago- I was awakened by our bed moving and bumping into the wall, over and over (hubby and I were both asleep at the time, we had nothing to do with it LOL) and I could actually feel the building swaying a bit- we were on the 8th floor so it was kinda scary.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home